Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Where you gonna lay yo head at Electric Picnic?
Get some sleep: don't end up like this person on the festival's final day
It's just a few weeks away now, so preparations for Electric Picnic are in full swing. The last two years at the festival, I slept in a car, which was surprisingly comfortable, but if you're looking for something else a little more bourgois or maybe you just burned / lost / wrecked your tent at the last festival you attended, the EP folks have come up with some ways to help you get a good night's sleep.
Option One: PIMP MY TENT
Competition run by War Child Ireland (http://www.warchild.ie/)
- Deluxe spacious tent: set up and installed for winner in VIP Boutique Campsite
- Entry to VIP Picnic Garden
- Hifi with War Child music cd including lead artists
- War Child merchandise and collection of CDs from festival artists
- 2 camp chairs
- Deluxe picnic hamper including camping essentials such as sunscreen, toilet roll, plastic bottles of water and rain mac
- Strawberries & cream
- 2 slabs of beer
- Body & Soul treatment
- Meet & Greet with one of the acts
Competition closes August 24th
Option 2: TANGERINE FIELDS
The folks at Tangerine fields give you the chance to make more room for crates of Bulmers in your boot by doing all the tent work for you.
2 man package, includes pitched tent plus double airbed and 2 new sleeping bags = £95
4 man package, includes pitched tent plus 2 double airbeds and 4 new sleeping bags = £220
6 man package, includes pitched tent plus 3 double airbeds and 6 new sleeping bags = £320
Visit www.tangerinefields.co.uk for more information and bookings.
Option 3: VINTAGE 70'S AIRSTREAM TRAILERS
"Airstream Accommodation Trailers provide the ultimate in rolling comfort and 70's retro chic."
- 100% original 1970's vehicles
- Highly polished aluminium shell
- Original alloy wheels
- Double glazed and tinted windows
- Retro chic furnishings and fitted equipment in pristine condition.
- Sleeps 4 in two doubles
All the trailers have electrics with sensible power points and running water. Hire cost per Trailer from Fri-Sun is EU4,000 payable in advance by cheque. Trailers are pre-positioned & waiting on site within the VIP Boutique Campsite Village beside the Tipis & Beach Huts, in a self contained & supervised area with it's own Café, Shop & Cocktail Bar. With access into the VIP Picnic Garden also.
For further enquiries/bookings email firstname.lastname@example.org with AIRSTREAM in the subject header.
Option 4: SELF HELP
Pitch your own fucking tent
Option 5: BLAG
Befriend Johnny Marr and kip on Modest Mouse's tour bus.
Which option will you choose?